ARE YOU READY?


That line never gets old! 

Hello everyone, it's time for another special cosplayer spotlight! 
Now this spotlight is claimed by .... *drum rolls*




Viospace Vio
Vio as Fuwa Sho and
Libari Fatalis as Mogami Kyoko of Skip Beat!
(Photography by Nik Yan)


Vio has been a very inspirational cosplayer for a lot of people including myself! I can never thank her enough for agreeing on this feature, and for answering the questions for the interview! I've been given a wonderful chance to meet this talented lady during Fantasy Quest 2012, and not once have I regretted meeting her! 

Before we begin the interview, let's run down on the basic facts about Vio!

Cosplayer Name: Viospace Vio
Country: Singapore




Let the awesomeness, begin :D



Vio as Black Rock Shooter KAITO from VOCALOID
(Photography by Nik Yan)


Q: What motivated or inspired you to join the alien world of cosplay?

A: Well I started out being an otaku who loves watching anime and reading manga. I have always loved to try out cosplay when I attend conventions as I find it really interesting but didn't dare to as I have no idea what to do since I'm alone. Then one fine day I decided to go for it after my friend invited me to join them. Now I'm totally addicted and in love with it! ^^



Q: Who was the first character you cosplayed? Why did you choose that character?

A: Someone from Naruto. I was obsessed with the series at that time hence tried it out.






Vio as Sakata Gintoki and
 Reiko as Kagura from Gintama
(Photography by Kulag)




Q: Where did you get the idea to choose "Viospace Vio" as your cosplayer name?
A: Actually this was just a name I use in most of the accounts I have before I started cosplaying. I like the colour violet hence it is something like a short form for violet space. Then people started calling me 'vio' when so there you go. xD


Q: What has been the most memorable cosplay you've ever done? Why?
A: All my cosplay experiences are memorable since a lot of things happened in the process. But one of the most unforgettable experiences will be my photoshoot in Japan at Nikko. It was during winter and I had only one inner wear and my costume (made with cotton cloth). I didn’t know how I managed to survive in that outfit at this super deathly temperate (-5°C) but I’m glad I’m still alive. LOL!



Q: If you could turn back time to one event that you've attended, which event would it be and why?
A: It will be AFA 2009. I arrived the event very very late as I was trying to finish up the props and costume. Because of this I missed a lot during the events including meeting up with some of my oversea friends. But I guess it is also because of that, I tend to finish up everything earlier before the date of events to prevent this from happening again. ^^


Q: What or Who inspires you to continue cosplaying?
A: Well I would say one of the reason will be the cosplayers whom I looked up to.
They are Shizu (RainerTachibana) from Singapore, Jin (Behindinfinity) from Philippines, Kuryu from Japan and IKaguya from China. Shizu and Jin are actually the main reason why I had the courage to finally start cosplaying. I always admire their effort in cosplays and loved all their works. I loved Kuryu for being passionate about the series she loved and bringing them out so awesomely via cosplay. Also, IKaguya has always believed that people should cosplay for the love of this hobby and not for fame. She puts in effort and love in all her cosplays and they are really awesome so I really admire her for this.


Q: If you could get the chance to meet one of your cosplay idols, who would it be and why?
A: It will be Kuryu from Japan. Always wanted to see her Sakata Gintoki in real life because they are perfect to me. *v*





Vio as Kagami Taiga from Kuroko No Basket
(Photography by Nik Yan)



Q: What's your favorite part whenever you're cosplaying?
A: I felt that being able to bring your favorite characters to life by yourself is the best thing of cosplay. Meeting and knowing a lot of friends and people from all around the world at conventions is awesome too.


Q: Based on your own experience, what do you love most in cosplaying?
A: I really enjoyed the whole process of cosplay including the making of everything such as the costume and props. Plus it is really nice to be able to ‘escape’ from the boring real world and become someone else once in a while when you cosplay. xD





Vio as Ittoki Otoya of Uta No Prince-sama
(Photography by Farizasuka)


Q: How long have you been cosplaying? In those years, what have you learned and discovered through the hobby?
A: I started cosplaying in year 2008. I became crazier (not too sure if that is a good thing LOL) and got to meet a lot of people from many different places! I managed to learn sewing and many other new skills through cosplaying which is really refreshing. Would never have thought I’m able to do all these if I never cosplayed.


Last thing!

Can you give a message to all your fans and supporters out there?

Vio: Thank you so much to everyone for the support and I will also work hard to improve on my cosplays too!

What would you like to say to those who take you as an inspiration and to the others who also want to join in the hobby?

Vio: Be passionate with it! But always remember that this is just a hobby so do get your priorities right. Most importantly is to have fun and enjoy yourselves! (≧∇≦)/



I hope you enjoyed this spotlight of the ever wonderful Vio! Make sure to support her works!









Labels: , , , , , , , , ,